Little Cat Café open all week
The Little Cat Café will be open from 1pm to 5pm from Tuesday to Friday this week thanks to the lovely weather. Our aim is to open whenever the weather is good throughout this summer.
The Thai take away food service is also available..
To order ahead please text Monique on (number no longer available) Portions each serve two people and cost £5 for meat curries and £3.50 for vegetable curries.
Greenhouse open day 9th June
Everyone is welcome to come along to our greenhouse open day from 11am to 2pm on Sunday 9th June.
All volunteers are invited to stay for lunch (no charge), cooked by Fiorella. She’d welcome help and will teach people about Italian food as she cooks!
Job opportunity: Minet Hub
Lambeth is looking to recruit a project officer to work alongside local organisations to help develop our vision for the Minet Hub.
Myatt’s Fields Park Project has joined together with the Remakery, Minet Library, Longfield Hall and the Minet Conservation Association to form the Minet Hub. This new organisation will work for the regeneration of the library and Longfield Hall.
Please follow this link for information about the post, an application form and job description.
Closing Date: 17/06/2013 at 11.00pm
Myatt’s Fields Park summer fair and family fun day
Saturday 22nd June 2013
Everyone is invited to take part in Myatt’s Fields Park summer fair and family fun day which will be held on 22nd June 2013.
This year we are very pleased to announce that the event will be organised in partnership with local charity the Cherry Tree Trust. This means the event will be bigger and better than ever – it will start at the new earlier time of 11am and continue through to 6pm.
We’ll have a full day of entertainment including rock steady music and live bands on the bandstand, a talent contest and ballet performance in the picnic area, a football tournament, our usual family fairground and a plant sale. As part of Camberwell Arts Week, we’ll also have an art fair this year, where artists can pay to hang work for sale on railings outside the park.
These are the ways you can take part:
- FREE SEVEN A SIDE FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT noon to 2pm: under 8’s and under 11’s are invited to enter. We encourage teams from schools, youth and community groups or anyone who can form a team. To book your team or find out more information, contact Lucia Hinton on 07956 101387 firstname.lastname@example.org
- TALENT CONTEST: show off your talent during our contest which will be held in the picnic area during the afternoon. All ages and talents welcome to enter. Acts will be chosen by audition before the event. Contact Lucia Hinton (details given above) for further information.
- BAKING COMPETITION: Bake the best Victoria sponge, ginger cake, chocolate cake, fruit cake, lemon drizzle, cake containing a vegetable, dish made with rhubarb (sweet or savoury) and jam, chutney or pickle. Just come along to our competition tent on the day (we’ll be in the picnic area). Contact Victoria Sherwin onVsherwin@lambeth.gov.uk for further information.
- ART FAIR: Use the booking form attached to book your space. Contact Victoria Sherwin (details above) for further information.
- We would very much like to have a good range of food and craft stalls, including community and commercial. The price of a stall for community/non-profit groups is £20 and the cost of a stall for commercial companies is £40.
- FOOD STALLS: Please see the map attached which shows food stall pitches (four near the café and two in the picnic area). When you book, please site your preference and we’ll allocate as near as possible to your preference on a first come first served basis.
- OTHER STALLS: Stalls will be allocated on a first come, first served basis around the picnic area on the day. People will be drawn to this area by a variety of entertainment during the day, including a talent contest, a ballet performance, a range of stalls and a storyteller.
- TABLES: You are welcome to bring your own tables, or you can hire these from us at a charge of £10 per table. Please pre-book as no additional tables will be available on the day. Chairs will not be available so please bring your own if you need them.
To book, please use (and print) this form and send to Victoria Sherwin , development/education officer, The Old Depot, Myatt’s Fields Park , Cormont Road , London SE5 9RA . You can call Victoria with any questions on 0207 926 0394. After we receive your booking form and fee, we’ll send confirmation of booking and instructions for the day.
World Food Project
We have funding to run a new World Food project from June 2013. This will include working with local people to document the food they eat and the stories behind these foods. We will learn about the history of foods from the Caribbean, Africa, Asia and Europe and will explore how they have influenced each other. We’ll create a world map showing the stories behind the food we eat today and run lots of workshops (maybe in the same way as food heroes) to explore all of this.
This project could also include workshops targeted to a range of people eg young parents, children and teenagers. The food history project will be run by a board of local people, who will help us design the workshops and activities.
Join us for a meeting where we’ll be starting to plan the project from 7pm on Wednesday 12thJune 2013 in the depot meeting room.
Retired people’s lunch club
Retired people are welcome to come and eat lunch made with vegetables and fruit from the greenhouse at the depot from noon this Friday. These sessions are informal and friendly and everyone is welcome. We ask for a £2 contribution towards the cost of the food.
The food activities are funded by the Big Lottery Fund’s Local Food scheme.
Our free events for 2013 will include:
- June 2nd: Big Lunch
- June 22nd: Summer fair and family fun day
- August 3/4rd Sleepover (dependent on funding)
- 14th September Harvest Festival
- 19th October Big Draw
- 15th December Christingle carol concert